CPRE Awards 2022: Nominations Open
Do you know of any recently completed projects in Gloucestershire’s towns, villages and countryside which are really outstanding in their contribution to the environment or to the local community and should be specially recognised? If so, CPRE Gloucestershire would like to hear about them.
The CPRE Gloucestershire Awards recognise and celebrate projects which are exemplars of good practice. Nominations for awards are welcome from any source – community, private, voluntary sector or partnerships of organisations – but must have the approval of the owner.
Projects should demonstrate sustainability, involve improvements to the environment, whether natural or built, and be visible from public places.
An independent panel of judges will review the projects nominated, based on three broad categories:
- well considered buildings – new, restored or converted;
- innovative use of natural resources, including land and water;
- projects developed by or for the local community.
Examples might be:
- a community shop, recreation facility, village hall or heritage project;
- buildings which fit their setting, are good examples of sustainable construction and efficient in the use of energy;
- a new nature reserve or habitat with public access;
- a community orchard, re-establishing old varieties of fruit;
- water management projects such as wetland creation, reedbed sewage treatment, or a sustainable drainage system;
- projects that encourage access to local countryside.
Download a nomination form today!
Share our poster with family, friends and colleagues.